Tenuta Goro Veneto
LIVING THE PO DELTA
History, cities and museums
A LITTLE OF HISTORY
The military redoubts to the mouths of the Po OF Goro. From historical sources it results that in 1750 the Tenuta marked the border between the earth and the sea and among the dominoes of Venice and Ferrara. The first buildings were built by the Venetians for motives for military defense toward the territories of the castle of the Mesola. The military garrison was very important because constituted from over 100 soldiers.
The farmhouse is around 90 Kms from Venice, city of international art for excellence, from Ferrara, Padua and Ravenna 70 Kms. These cities are exclusively reachable from the Tenuta with proper auto; only Venice is also reachable in motonave, with departure from the Levante Port, in pre-arranged days, excluded the winter period.
For information contact Polesana Navigazione in the person of Mrs Caterina to the nr. 335/6245784 or on the site www.polesananavigazione.it
- Regional museum of the reclamation of Cą Vendramin to 15 Kms www.smppolesine.it
- Archaeological national museum of Adria to 35 Kms www.smppolesine.it
- The collection of country civilization: around 2000 pieces between tools and objects of daily life (near the Tenuta)